My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

Monday, August 10, 2009

Another Stormy Day ...

And tomorrow is suppose to be stormy also. All of this humidity is suppose to bring the storms now.

At least I get plenty of time to crochet...:-) Right now I'm working on a something I copied from a website that had free patterns. No picture... It just said " Prize Winning Afghan " So I'll have to see what comes of it. I'm using a Knit Picks yarn. A Dark Brown Bulky Pima Cotton. I think it's 75 % Pima Cotton and 25 % Acrylic. But it's very soft.

Tonight I fixed Chicken & Dumplings... Very Good.

chicken, 1-2 pounds ( I tear meat apart for this )
1 can cream of chicken
2 cans chicken broth ( 1 .C of milk )
1 C. peas & 1 C. carrots & celery .
Cut chicken into small chunks to ensure it will cook.
Combine chicken, chicken broth, cream of chicken, water, peas, carrots, and your choice of seasonings, such as parsley, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. I also like Bacon Salt. Just a sprinkle of it.
Then for biscuits, I just take a small bowl and a put in 1 C. Bisquick and pour in milk til it's thick. Make the dumplings out of that.

Stir occasionally. Cover again until ready to eat.

~ Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment