My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's Finally Finished!!! My Michigian Afghan...:-)




It's Finished!!! It's a LITTLE over 6 feet long and 4 1/2 feet wide. here you go... :-) And I'm already started on the next one. It's a blend of Purples. But it will NOT be that big. ( I'm just using up some of my stash. ) The yarn is called TLC Amore.


What I NEED to do is make one for the Living Room Sofa. But I haven't found the right color for it. Here it is with Sissy on it.
It's mainly blue, but it has Light Gray in it also. A silvery thread running through it.

It's already 11:25 PM. I have the news on. Everything seems to be Obama & Health Care. I hate the very thought of Gov't run Health Care. I pray we don't end up with that. ( At least they aren't talking about Michael Jackson any more. :-) )

I tried returning yarn to our JoAnn's Store here, that I bought at JoAnn.com. NOPE. Didn't work. I have to mail it back to JoAnn.com. Oh well. I was just trying to take a shortcut. The reason I need to send it back is because it is SO SPLITTY!!! It's Bernat Satin. I used it last year and it was fine. But not this time. I guess they change the formulation.
I better get some things done before I go to bed...
~ Susan

8 comments:

  1. Your Michigan afghan is wonderful! Does your husband understand your need to take yarn on vacation with you? LOL! Mine is just starting to figure it out, after 29 years!

    Love your furbaby! A real cutie.

    Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog - I enjoyed reading yours and looking at your photos. Your front porch looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks YarnJeannie!

    No, Paul doesn't mind at all when I take crocheting on vacation. In fact, he stopped at a yarn shop for me so I could buy MORE yarn when he saw I was running out of ECRU for my afghan. We saw a little yarn shop in Michigan in the middle of no where. It was a small quaint place, but they carried Lily's Cream & Sugar !!!
    We have been married 31 years. So give it a couple more years... LOL Ahh yes, my porch... I love it! And THANK YOU for the compliment on Sissy also.
    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the correct size for a Michigan Afghan! ;P (Just joking.) It turned out great. I will keep an eye out for your purple one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be working on it tomorrow. :-) We're going to Mom & Dad's. I seem to take crochet where ever I go. ;-)

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Mi afghan Susan!!! Can't wait to see the purple one. Have fun hookin while you visit your parents...lol!

    ReplyDelete