My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Love It & So Soft.....

Good Morning!!!

My yarn just came in the mail this morning. It's wonderful! I ordered from Knit Picks. And it came only 2 days after I ordered it. They get a Gold Star for fast delivery! I bought 3 different types. So far my favorite for an afghan or bedspread for a someone special whom I can't mention because they may read my blog... ;-) is called BULKY WEIGHT 75% Pima Cotton & 25%Acrylic SO SOFT! The other 2 are of Pima Cotton blends also. All are SOFT. Shine Worsted & Comfy Worsted.

Now I'm off to Home Depot to get a new Picnic Table... Then to buy the Shrimp for the salad I'm fixing for the Family Reunion. Then I head to the garden to pick Roma Tomatoes for Salsa & Taco Bean Dip which is also for the Family Reunion. But I'm having a hard time trying to come up with a dessert I can fix...Hmm...Off to the Recipe Box & Cookbooks I shall go.

More To Come... :-)

~ Susan


Its now 9:44 P.M.

I struck GOLD at Kroger's! Or should I say SHRIMP!!! The Shrimp was " Buy On Get One Free "! So I got some extra...:-)

Looking back on today, Sissy was only sleepy, a bit off balance from her medication in the A.M. I called the Vet, and he said to cut her Medication in 1/2 which made me happy. She is too little for 15 MG. of Phenobarbital. So this should make her feel better.

That's all for now...
~ Susan





4 comments:

  1. Your family reunion sounds like fun. Aren't I your long lost cousin? ;P I hope you find a yummy recipe. Can't wait to see the afghan in progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. It does sounds like fun. I haven't seen some of these cousins for YEARS. But I don't think there is a Tina in the family... ;-) But I can always post the recipes I use once I find them. How is that? I can give you one right now.

    " Shrimp Macaroni Salad "
    1 package (16 oz.) elbow macaroni
    1 to 1-1/2 pounds cooked small shrimp
    1 package (16 oz.) frozen peas, thawed
    7 to 8 celery ribs, finely chopped
    1 small onion, finely chopped

    DRESSING:
    1-3/4 C. mayonnaise
    3/4 C. French salad dressing
    2 tablespoons Sugar
    2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
    1-1/2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
    1 tsp. salt
    1 to 2 tsp. garlic powder
    1 to 2 tsp. pepper

    Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain & rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, shrimp, peas, celery & onion.
    In another bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover & refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.

    Now for how I fix it. ;-)

    I add Old Bay to it. To Taste.
    I add extra Shrimp. I use Med. Size.

    The original recipe is from Taste of Home...

    I work on that afghan every night. It's going pretty fast!

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds yummy. I have two of the Taste of Home cookbooks. (I think they are, same company anyway- Reiman publications?) I love shrimp. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your More Then Welcome!

    I believe they are published by Reimans. But I actually just go their website. The LINK for tasteofhome.com is under " The Daily Puppy " on my blog.

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete