My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Northern Lights?

Good Rainy Day!

Have you read this?

"
WASHINGTON (AP) - The largest solar storm in five years has engulfed Earth, but scientists say the planet has lucked out so far.

The storm arrived more peacefully Thursday morning than it could have. Scientists say that could change as the storm spends the day shaking the planet's magnetic field. It could disrupt technology but also spread colorful Northern Lights.

The storm started with a massive solar flare earlier in the week and grew as it raced outward from the sun.

The storm arrived at Earth about 6 a.m. Eastern. So far officials say there have been no reports of problems with power grids, GPS, satellites or other technologies that are often disrupted by solar storms. "

I would love to see the Northern Lights! So we'll be watching.
~ Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment