My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Granny Smith Apple Time !!!

Good Afternoon!

I found a recipe I just had to share with you! Think " Granny Smith Apples stuffed with Sauasge ".

Baked Apples Filled with Sausage - Yield: 6 servings


1 lb. bulk sausage

6 large tart baking apples

2 T. brown sugar

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp. grated lemon rind

1/4 C. chopped figs

brown sugar, ground cinnamon, grated lemon rind, or chopped figs

Preheat the oven to 375 F.

Brown the sausage in a large skillet. Wash the apples & cut a slice from the tops. Scoop out the flesh, leaving shells 1/2 inch thick.

Cut the flesh from the cores & chop it. Add the chopped apple, brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon rind & figs to the sausage and mix well. Fill the apple shells with the mixture. Sprinkle the tops with brown sugar, cinnamon, grated lemon rind, or chopped figs. Place in a baking dish, cover & bake til tender, about 40 Min..   IDEA : Serve with hot biscuits & a green salad.  
~ Susan   

No comments:

Post a Comment