My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Just had to share these !!!

I found these on a food blog I watch... I think it was Mommy's Kitchen.


Old Fashion Peanut Butter Balls
1-1/2 C. of creamy peanut butter
•1 C. (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
•1 (1Lb.) box of powdered sugar, sifted
•1 (12 oz.) package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
•2 T. plus 2 tsp. of vegetable shortening (like Crisco)
Cream together, by hand, the peanut butter & the butter.
Mix in the powdered sugar a little at a time til well mixed.
Use a small scoop or pinch off dough to form balls, rolling them into about 1-inch size. Place onto wax paper or parchment covered baking trays & store in the refrigerator to firm up for about an hour.

Melt the chocolate & the shortening in the top of a double boiler. Work in batches, leaving remaining balls in the refrigerator, & quickly, dropping peanut butter balls, one at a time, into the chocolate &toss with a fork. Lift out, let excess chocolate drain off, transfer to wax paper to set. Dough will make several dozen, depending on what size you roll them.


~ Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment