My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cocoa Bourban Balls

I Make These every year!!!

Cocoa Bourbon Balls - ( About 3 Doz.)

1 C. finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
1 C. 10 - X (powdered) sugar
1 C. walnuts or pecans, finely chopped ( I use Walnuts, better flavor)
2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T. light corn syrup¼ C. bourbon, rum, or brandy ( I use Bourban)

Topping:

½ C. granulated sugar

In a Med. mixing bowl, combine crushed vanilla wafers, confectioner’s sugar, nuts, cocoa, corn syrup, & bourbon rum or brandy; mix well with wooden spoon.With slightly wet hands, Shape dough into small balls, about 1” in diameter.

Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.

.Topping: Roll the balls in granulated sugar til completely coated.
Store in an airtight container.

Susan

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! I have a question? Is it a Teaspoon or Tablespoon of Unsweetened Cocoa and Corn syrup? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lika!

    It's 2 Tablespoons...:-)

    I hopw you like them..:-)

    Have a Merry Christmas Lika!!!

    Suasn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These things are Awesome!!!! You have a Merry Christmas too Susan!! God Bless friend and thanks for sharing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete