My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lasagna !!!

Tonight I made a new Lasagna! It's called Barbecue Lasagna... I'm not quite sure who's blog I got it from... but it is GOOD!!!

So here is the recipe!

Barbecue Lasagna Yield 8 Servings

1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 C. ketchup & 1 Med. green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped & 1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1/4 C. lemon juice
2 T. cider vinegar
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. prepared mustard & 1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. salt & 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/8 tsp. chili powder & 1/8 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
6 lasagna noodles, cooked & drained
2 C. (8 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 C. (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 C. (4 oz.) shredded Colby cheese
1 C. (8 oz.) 4% cottage cheese & 1 egg
In a large skillet, cook beef over Med. heat til no longer pink; drain. For barbecue sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the next 13 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Spread about 1/4 C. barbecue sauce in a greased 13 X 13 baking dish. Layer with three noodles & half of the beef. Spread with 1/2 of the remaining barbecue sauce; sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, cheddar & Colby cheeses. Repeat layers.
Combine cottage cheese & egg; spoon evenly over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 Min. til lightly browned.

I only kept mine in the oven for 40 minutes though. It was getting a nice brown on top & I didn't want to leave it in too long.

~ Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment