My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Don't Toss It !!!

Good Morning!

   I have been feeling In The Mood  TO CROCHET  for Christmas! So I went to Ravelry to look for GIFT BAGS... That way I won't waste Time & Money on wrapping paper and paper gift bags.  Hmm, I could quilt gift bags also. That's a thought! I keep restricting myself to patterns. Why not just go with my own thoughts on how to make something?  But I Digress...

   SO DON'T TOSS OUT your cotton yarn! I was about to give it all to the Community Center here. These bags are best if you use Cotton Yarn  ( Sugar & Cream or is Cream & Sugar? ) I always get the name wrong. The Community Center will be getting Knitting Books I no longer use and acrylic yarn I don't want.

   I found these patterns for Small, Medium & Large Bags...

Gift Bags - 3 sizes


SMALL BAG - With A, ch 27.

Row 1 (RS): 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook (first (sc, 2 dc) group made), *sk next 2 ch, (sc, 2 dc) in next ch; repeat from * across to last 3 ch, sk next 2 ch, sc in last ch, turn—8 (sc, 2 dc) groups).

Row 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in first sc, sk next 2 dc, *(sc, 2 dc) in next sc, sk next 2 dc; repeat from * across to turning ch, sc in 2nd ch of turning ch, turn.

Repeat Row 2 til piece measures 5 1/2" from beginning, end with a RS row. Fasten off, leaving a long enough tail to sew side and bottom seam.

Finishing - Block if desired. Fold piece in half, bringing side edges together. Sew side and bottom seam. weave in all ends. Weave the 23" ribbon through stitches, about 1 1/4"below top edge, beginning at center front of bag. Tie ends of ribbon into a bow & trim ends.

MEDIUM BAG - With B, ch 48.

Row 1 (RS): Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *ch 1, sk next ch, sc in next ch; repeat from * across, turn—23 ch-1 sps.

Row 2: Ch 1, sk first sc, *sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, sk next sc; repeat from * across, sc in beginning ch-1, turn.

Repeat Row 2 til piece measures 8 1/2" from beginning, end with a WS row. Do not fasten off.

Ruffle (RS): Ch 1, sc in first ch-1 sp, *ch 3, sc in next sc, ch 3, sc in next ch-1 sp; repeat from * across working last sc in beginning ch-1. Fasten off, leaving a long tail to sew side & bottom seams.

Finishing - Fold piece in half, bringing side edges together. side & bottom seam. Weave in all ends. Weave the 28 "ribbon through stitches, about 2"below top edge, beginning at center front of bag. Tie ends of ribbon into a bow & trim ends.

LARGE BAG - With C, ch 62.

Row 1 (RS): Dc in 2nd ch from hook, *sc in next ch, dc in next ch; repeat from * across, turn.

Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first dc, *dc in next sc, sc in next dc; repeat from * across, dc in beginning ch-1, turn.

Repeat Row 2 til piece measures 11 1/2" from beginning, end with a WS row. Do not fasten off.

Ruffle (RS): Ch 1, sl st in first dc, *3 dc in next sc, sl st in next dc; repeat from * across. Fasten off, leaving a long enough tail to sew side & bottom seams.

Finishing - Fold piece in half, bringing side edges together. Sew side and bottom seam. Weave in all ends. Weave the 1yd ribbon through stitches, about 2 1/2" below top edge, beginning at center front of bag. Tie ends of ribbon into a bow and trim ends      Again, I found this on Ravelry.com  There are more if you would like to look at their collection of patterns. This one just looked fast & easy to make if you have a lot to make.   Happy Crocheting!   ~ Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment