My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Not About Crafts Of Any Kind

Good Afternoon!

 

   Todays topic is about Pre Paying for gas.  Today I had to buy gas… When  I asked the girl at the gas station to turn on the GAS TANK, she informed me that they ONLY ACCEPT PRE PAYMENTS in form of a credit card. Or else pay cash.

   This was at Speedway. So I paid 40.00 on a card. They said if I don’t use the entire 40.00, it will go back onto my card. So, when I get home, I checked with our bank. It shows that they took ou

r 40.00 and did not credit the rest back to us…. Has this happened to you?

~ Susan

bite tongue

4 comments:

  1. It hasn't happened to me but I saw a feature about this on the news a couple of mornings ago. They said gas stations are authorized to "set aside" as much as $100. whenever you use a card for gas & they have 24 hours to change the amount to the actual amount you spent. This means that a chunk of money will be unavailable to you for anywhere from a few minutes to 24 hours. Seems totally wrong to me! - Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,

    As far as I know, we still don't have our money back from yesterday's gas purchase. It makes me angry. From now on I'll be using cash only when paying for gas.

    I hope buying gas gets better. They have to know this is not good.

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have your gas receipt the store should refund the difference. Yeah it's definitely not good & hopefully they'll realize it's going to cause them to lose customers. Good luck! - Becky (from Ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky,

    I still have the reciept. If they post our money back soo, I'll be going there.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete