My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

My Kitchen, Quilting & My Hook And I

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Pocket Scarves

Good Evening!!!
... Here is what I have been making the last couple of days... I call them POCKET SCARVES...... A lady who was on one of the excursions my husband & I went on in Alsaka wore one. I saw her slide her hand into her scarf!!! I asked to see her scarf, she showed me... and I thought to myself... " I can make that"..;-)
...The lady who showed me her scarf, her's was made of white fun fur... If I want to drive myself nuts, I might try that...LOL Fun Fur is so hard to work with. But I loved hers. She said her friend made it for her.

Anyway... Can you see the DEEP pockets on mine are? When I put my hands in the pockets, they go about 1 1/2 inches over my wrists.

I may be making one with Malabrigo or Superwash for myself later on. These are for gifts later on.

Bev... These work up fast... An idea for Christmas Stocking Stuffers...;-) Since I mentioned Christmas to you the other day. I thought it was only right to give an idea of what could be made fast...;-)

~ Susan

6 comments:

  1. Those are very pretty - and I love the fall colors too. I would want mine to have deep pockets as well and since you mentioned it before, I have been thinking of making a couple for gifts since I have plenty of yarn - acrylic and wool or wool-blend.

    Nice job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doris!!!
    I don't know why I haven't thought this of something like this a long time ago... It's such a simple idea... And I had to go to Alaska to find it...LOL
    Oh well... It was fun...:-)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift idea! Thanks for sharing it, Susan. I saw something similar a while back and it was called a Reader's wrap or something like that. It was a lot wider and would also hold your book. This is a much better idea. I'm glad you stopped the lady and asked her about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev!

    The ones I have posted on here aren't that wide... I'm crocheting it long ways. The foundation on the one I'm working on now is 300 sticthes/chains. The other 2 are much smaller.
    I bought some superwash from elann.com a few years ago... It was called CHUNKY SUPERWASH. I'm hoping they bring that yarn back... It would be perfect for this. I only have a few skeins of it left. And they are all different colors...:-( Oh well... I'll do something with it.

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea, Susan! Did you just make the scarf longer and fold the bottom up and stitch?

    I see lots of these in my future, probably to take to the VA hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MarieAnne,

    I just make the scarf extra long so I have plent room to fold it over. I just make sure I have an extra 6 to 8 inches on each end. That is how deep I prefer the pockets. The scarf I'm working on now has a 300 stitch foundation chain.

    VA hosp. would probably like it!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete